Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Wanted: Assistant Manager

With the great news of my promotion, an expected side-effect has come to be true. Most new managers have to deal with employee turnover within the first year of their tenure. This is true in many professions, but especially banking as a new management style can challenge underperforms to get on board with a new direction and leaves them with the option of contributing or finding something different. Already at the Greenwood Branch I am heading into starting January 5th, there have been several employees including the existing Assistant Manager that have decided to pursue other opportunities. Even though this means that I will have to train someone new, which requires an inconvienient amount of time, I much prefer to have someone that is willing to be trained than someone who fights back on everything they are asked to do. Additionally, it means that there is a person who has risen to the forefront of my wishlist to be my new assistant manager. He is someone who has great management experience, can commute with me to work when he moves in with Karly and I, and could be a great asset to the bank. Who is this person you might ask? JT Schubert.

No comments:

Mommy cut her hair to look Mommy presentable!

Mommy cut her hair to look Mommy presentable!